Thursday, January 1, 2009

Making the Best of the Economic Mess

 
"Love the one you're with"
-Stephen Stills

2008 hasn't been a fun year. A recession was coming, but greedy and self-interested leaders brought us to the brink of a depression.

I'm angry about the shape we are in. I want to make sure it never happens again.

It wouldn't bother me to see a bunch of Wall Street CEOs lose their jobs, and take some of the Wall Street-enabling Congressmen with them.

On the other hand, I need to get past the anger. My family has to eat. Your family has to eat. It is time to focus on feeding them.

I have my eye on the clowns on Wall Street, but my feet are on Main Street, trying to make a buck.

We need to learn from the mistakes. Somewhere along the way, everyone lost touch with reality.

People bought houses, cars and clothes with the primary goal of impressing their neighbors. They took trips they couldn't afford and ran up credit card balances larger than their annual incomes.

Will Rogers once said that "America is the first nation to go to the poorhouse in an automobile."

Will didn't know about credit cards, designer clothes and subprime mortgages. Somewhere along the way, things got completely crazy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-mcnay/making-the-best-of-the-ec_b_153991.html

No comments: