Monday, October 12, 2009

It’s Time for Senior Drivers to Fight Back Damn it!

http://crabbyoldfart.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/the-problem-with-young-people1.jpg

by Donald Mills

As an active senior, I get damn frustrated by people who tell me that I'm too old to drive my car.

I haven't been in an accident worth remaining at for at least 6 months, consistently drive 10-20 miles per hour below the posted speed limit and regularly stop in the middle of the road to read street signs or to avoid injuring squirrels. I'm a very safe driver.

Despite this, I am tailgated with alarming regularity and subjected to volleys of obscene language and nasty hand gestures from my fellow motorists on a daily basis.

I'm damned fed up. And in response, I've whipped up a series of bumper stickers specifically designed to get my damned message out to young motorists.

 

bumper sticker indicator v3

 (I may be turning, I may not. I haven't decided yet but that's my damned business not yours)

 

bumper sticker top of head v3

(And stop telling me to sit on a phone book, smartass!)

 

bumper sticker hearing aid v3

(I'll go whatever speed I see fit and having you slam on the horn isn't about to change my mind!)

 

bumper sticker licence v3

(As long as I have partial hearing, some sight and enough energy to press the damned accelerator you're not getting me out of my LeSabre)

 

bumper sticker generic_edited-1

(Just because I find it amusing)

http://crabbyoldfart.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/its-time-for-senior-drivers-to-fight-back-damn-it/

No comments: