Wednesday, August 26, 2009

HEALTH FIASCO

by  Michael Hammerschlag

Well, Universal  Health Care as we know and wanted it seems to be crumbling- oh it might be near universal, but if the public option is really gone, so expensive that America's financial health will be permanently destroyed. Obama simply did not go for victory- but invited the foxes into the chicken coops to divide up 80% between them-  the remaining 20% will be additional benefits for the public- too little, too crooked, too costly. Obama's obsession with compromise and bi-partisanship is dooming his initiatives and maybe Presidency- he simply doesn't plan and mobilize for victory, but includes his deadly opponents. The idea that the totally prostituted Repubs (and a third the Dems) could be catered to and brought in to contribute on this was always crazy- they needed to be sidelined, marginalized, and overrun with a multi-pronged attack.

He knew what was coming- unless he blanked out the Clinton health plan immolation - and he should have prepared for it- barnstorming across the country demonizing the greedy insurance, hospital, and doctor associations and highlighting their Congressional payoffs (Olbermann trashes the corrupt swine of both parties) until even the bought off Reps would have been afraid to publicly oppose Obama's health care plan. All the lies that they were going to use should have been lampooned and excoriated- that's what a good lawyer does- highlight the dishonest arguments of the opposition before they can make them. Every single arm should have been twisted and the public rage at the corporate parasites feeding on their misery stoked to a steel-bending temperature.

Imagine- the insanely corrupt "no negotiation for bulk drug purchase" Medicare Drug Benefit provision is enshrined in this bill- the single greatest corporate payoff in human history, estimated to waste $65 billion a year (at a 81% bulk discount) - the whole plan could be mostly paid for if this provision to pay these arbitrary retail pie-in-the-sky prices (stemming from the usurious Viagra exploiflation) had been scuttled. In the "primitive" former Soviet Union, most drugs cost under 10% of the West and don't need any prescription. The best option that works around the world- single payer, estimated to save 60% of the wasteful spending- was never even considered because of corporate veto power.

Bob Herbert shares my disgust. "This resulted in big grins and high fives at the drug lobby. The White House was rolled." 

http://hammernews.com/fiasco.htm

1 comment:

carlos said...

Great post about health fiasco many people prefer to use viagra because is cheap but I prefer Cialis Online because I know about many experience.